Ashdown House participates in the MIT intramural sports league every year, with opportunities for all types of sports and all levels of players. It’s a great way to stay active, de-stress, and be part of a team.
FALL 2021: Sign up deadline passed, but you can still join teams.
With the beginning of the Fall semester also comes the start of the new intramural sports season! Though this season will be quite different due to COVID-19, MIT intramurals has still organized some activities that you can get involved in.
This season, we are not organizing an Ashdown team because we currently do not have a physical wellness officer. You can still register for most sports offered on your own. To sign up, you will need to:
- Create an account on https://www.imleagues.com/spa/portal/home.
- Use the links at the bottom of this page to join the sports that you are interested in.
It is important to note that most leagues have a minimum roster requirement and our team will remain on a waitlist until the requirement is met. So, please sign up if interested before the deadline so that our spot in the league is secured. If we do not have enough players on a team, we will have to close that team.
MIT Intramural leagues also are split up by skill level and correspond to the following:
- A League: Higher level of competition. Players that may have played in high school or have a higher level of skill.
- B League: Intermediate level of competition. Players are familiar with the sport and their main goal is to be active and have fun.
- C League: Lower level of competition. No experience necessary.
Also, if you are interested in being a captain for a team, let us know via email. “Captain” is a logistical position; it only requires that you (1) attend a captain’s meeting at the beginning of the season and (2) make sure enough people on your team can attend each game. If nobody volunteers to be captain, we will have to cancel the team. Being a captain requires no previous experience with MIT intramurals.
As of right now, we have primarily registered for B league teams. If you prefer to play in another league, let us know! We can always create more teams. To sign up, follow the link and either create or join a team.
For questions, please contact the Ashdown Athletics / Physical Wellness Officer (currently none).